DNNers, Happy new year!
We are pleased to announce a 3 days data journalism bootcamp at the end of January. This is an intensive training to get you onboard this fascinating battle ship in the new media ocean. You will spend a fruitful weekend with 60 students from all Hong Kong higher education institutions. The event adopts a “startup weekend” format and features hands-on experience. Friday evening will see an overview of data journalism and team formation. Teams can work at any time from Friday evening all through Sunday afternoon to finish a data journalism project. Saturday is composed of three structured workshops including data collection/ preprocessing, descriptive statistics and data visualisation. Sunday morning will see some industry practitioners/ community contributors sharing tips/ pointers to further broaden the horizon of participants. Most training sessions are optional and attendees can pickup the preferred skills as needed.
- Date/Time: Jan 26 (Fri) evening to Jan 28 (Sun) afternoon
- Day 1 (Fri): Cheng Yu Tung Building (100m from MTR University Station)
- Day 2 (Sat)/ Day 3 (Sun): Learning Garden, G/F, University Library, CUHK
- Audience: Students in Hong Kong higher education institutions
- Cost: FREE (with HK$ 200 deposit)