The School of Communication and the Department of Journalism of HKBU will organize a University-wide “HKBU Data-driven Storytelling Competition 2018” in early-mid March. We hope to facilitate the interdisciplinary teaching, learning, and discussion on data-driven news reporting and storytelling, as well as to appreciate exemplary student projects using emerging technologies.
Now the Competition Coordination Committee (“Committee”) is calling for two student helpers as event organizers to help handle event preparation and support. Duties include the following:
- Designing a (simple one-page) poster for the event;
- Designing a website with several (static) pages for event updates;
- Monitoring and documenting the registration process;
- Handling participants’ submissions;
- Providing contact and liaison support for different parties;
- Documenting the entire process, such as taking photos, writing brief essays and recaps;
- Other administrative and logistic support to be assigned by the Committee.
- Requirements: full-time HKBU students with good English and Chinese skills, prior knowledge and experience on data-driven storytelling and web design will be an advantage.
The student helper each will receive an allowance at a rate 50 HKD/hour, with a total of 10 – 15 hours.
Please submit your CV including your relevant credentials to Xinzhi Zhang ( xzzhang2 [AT] hkbu [DOT] edu [DOT] hk ) on or before 6:00 pm, 25 Feb (Sunday).
Note: Late applicants will not be accepted. Also, for the sake of fairness, student helpers are NOT allowed to participate in this competition. The Committee appreciates all the applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.